Friday, July 22, 2005

A Big Hurt

As expected, Frank Thomas was placed on the 15 day DL, retroactive to yesterday. He is suffering from inflammation is his left foot, which he had off-season surgery on.
The Sox recalled Ross Gload who is hitting .363 with eight home runs and 20 RBI in 29 games with Charlotte. I wanted Gload to be on the ML roster, but not at the expense of Franks spot. I just hope Gload tears the cover off the ball so that when Frank comes back, it's Timo that gets sent down and not Gload.
I have a feeling that KW might look at Frank's return to the DL as the straw that could break the camels back. (I know this team hasn't depended on any one person to produce in order to win, but w/o his bat in the lineup we lose some serious punch in the heart of the order) A trade before the deadline could now be imminent, and if one were to happen I think that now it would most likely be for a bat and not a starter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home